HOW TO COMPLETELY UNINSTALL HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT
The HPSupport Assistant? also was known as the HP support assistant is actually a utility that is included in all of the HP computers so as to diagnose any technical issues and also manage various updates. While the HP technical support will often refer you to the usage of the support assistant, many of the users find the program unnecessary and intrusive. This is especially the case when any one of the critical functions is interrupted by the HPSupport Assistant reminders or the automatic updates. Depending on how displeased a person can get with the HP support assistant one can prevent the same from installing any updates and can also block it from running on the start-up. You can even completely uninstall if you want to. In this particular article, we are going to be looking into the steps involved in disabling the HP support assistant.
Steps involved in disabling HPSupport Assistant –Some of the steps in disabling the HP support assistant include the following:
- The first step includes the launching of the HP support assistant and then clicking on settings.
- Secondly, one needs to select the never check for updates option or message option from the drop-down menu which is found under ‘how would you like to receive software updates and messages from HP?’
- The next step involves selecting the never option which comes from the drop-down menu under the ‘change tune-up’
- Lastly, one needs to click on the save option to save all the settings.
- The first step involves pressing the ‘Windows-x’ on the keyboard so as to launch the power user menu and then selecting the control panel.
- The next step involves clicking on the system and security option and then clicking the option known as schedule task found under ‘the administrative tool menu.’
- The next step deals with clicking on the task scheduler library which his followed by HP support assistant and Hewlett Packard.
- The next step involves right-clicking on the HP support assistant and the update check. Then one needs to select disable.
Uninstalling HP support assistant- The steps to uninstall the HP support assistant include the following:
- The first step involves pressing ‘Windows-x’ so as to open the power user menu and then selecting the control
- The next step involves uninstalling the program found under the program heading.
- The next step that requires to be followed in order to uninstall the HP support assistant is locating the HP support assistant from the list and selecting it.
- The last step involves clicking on uninstalling and then following the onscreen instructions so as to uninstall HP support assistant.
Thus from the above discussion, we have a clear idea about the steps that need to be followed in order to disable or uninstall the HP support assistant. The steps are easy to follow and anybody who thinks HP support assistant is unnecessary can follow the steps to get rid of it.