How To Fix HP Laptop if unable to Connect with WI-FI in Windows 10
There are different hardware and software problems that can result in an HP laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi in Windows 10. There are various troubleshooting steps which need access to the internet with the use of a wired network connection or a device or second computer. In this specific article, we will be discussing the issue of the HP laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi in Windows 10 using a wireless network like a router.
Steps to fix an HP laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi in Windows 10– The steps that are involved to fix an HP laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi include:-
- Enable wireless key or button: One of the easiest solutions to fix a laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi is by enabling the wireless button or key. Most of the laptops have a key or a button that does turn the wireless signal on and off. One needs to check its status to make sure that the wireless signal is on.
You have to press the key or button once and then wait for around 10 seconds. The next step involves checking if the wireless connection is icon changes or whether the LED light on the key or wireless button goes on.
If a light does not come then one needs to hover their mouse over the wireless connection icon found on the taskbar in order to confirm the connection status. If the signal is switched on then try and connect to the internet once again. If however, the signal is off then one needs to press the key or button to turn it on and then try connecting again.
- Update the wireless driver: Another solution is to update the wireless driver with the use of HPSA, Windows Update, Device Manager, HP updates or from other trusted sites.
- One needs to go to the search box and type in Windows update settings.
- The next step involves selecting a check for updates.
- New updates are going to be installed after which one can try to connect to the internet again.
- One needs to go to the search box and then type in HP support assistant. If the same is not installed then one can install and download it from its official site.
- The next step is to select and click on your device from the various devices listed on the ‘my devices tab’.
- The next step is to click on check for updates and messages tab.
- Next step involves checking the ‘my Pc section’ to find out a list of updates. If there are none available then one can try using a different method to update the drivers.
- However, if there are updates available then one needs to click on updates so as to display the updates available screen.
- Lastly, one needs to click on install now icon which is there next to the update and then they should try connecting to the internet again.
Thus from the above discussion, we have a clear idea about how to connect the HP laptop to the Wi-Fi.