Installing a Garmin GPS device on a Personal Computer or Mac for enabling use on Route You
Garmin on Windows and MAC:- Garmin is basically a company that produces marine and aviation devices for consumers along with maps using Global Positioning System. It creates a system of assistance when it comes to navigation and thus, allows users to easily keep track of their location. In order to enable Route You to access your device, it is necessary to install the GPS device of Garmin on Mac or PC. If you go to the route download page of the website and the website has access to your device, you can easily download the routes on to the Garmin device and use according to your own convenience.
Installation on windows and Mac involve different steps. Let us dive into the details.
Installation on Windows or PC
The Garmin Communicator Plugin is used to facilitate the download and installation of Garmin GPS device on a PC or windows. The plugin supports the below-mentioned web browsers.
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
These steps have to be followed by the user to carry out the installation in a hassle-free manner.
- First, install the USB driver software for Garmin.
- Then install the Communicator Plugin for Garmin.
- Conduct a check in order to see whether your device is detected by your web browser.
Installing the USB driver software for Garmin
Installing the the USB driver software for Garmin is the foremost step in the Installation of a Garmin GPS device on a PC or Mac for usage on RouteYou. In order to facilitate smooth communication with the Garmin device, this software is mandatory for Windows users. The Garmin official website comprises the download link from where the users can access the software.
Installing the Communicator Plugin for Garmin
After the installation of the Garmin USB driver software is complete, it is time to to carry out the installation of the Garmin Communicator Plugin. RouteYou website and other similar websites can gain access to your Garmin device only with the help of this plugin. Without it, your device is not accessible to websites.
Testing whether the Garmin device you own is accessible by web browsers
- Turn off the device.
- Connect it to a to a USB port that is free on the PC and wait for about half a minute.
- Open the browser and visit http://software.garmin.com/en-US/gcp.html. The connected Garmin device will be detected and your model name will be visible and you can now carry out the downloading of routes from RouteYou.
Installing on a Mac
- First, install the the Communicator Plugin for Garmin. The plugin supports Firefox and Safari. It can be downloaded from the official Garmin website.
- Test whether your device is accessible to the website.
- Turn off our device and connect it to a USB port that is free on Mac.
- Wait for 30 seconds and open http://software.garmin.com/en-US/gcp.html on your web browser.
- You can download routes on your device from the RouteYou. The page, “Download route on Garmin” can provide more information.